Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

06 Ford F550 6.0 Diesel, Fixed air leaks found in test now

Customer Question

06 Ford F550 6.0 Diesel, Fixed air leaks found in test now starts good was taking long almost not starting, then it would shut down. now cranks right up. New cam sensor due to code, new injector pressure regulator. has great oil press. desired and actual. ficm has 48 continues volts, press. oil press low side taken was only 5 replaced and now 55+ fuel filter all good, checked fuel tank and all good, fuel press. good 70 psi. Yet if you go out for a drive shuts down when you brake. it starts to stumble and then shuts down. It cranks right back up. some new injectors. any help please.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Does it shut down instanly like you shut off the key? If so I would have to say it is likely electrical like a loss of power or ground possibly to the ECM or IDM.... Check the relay and the harness and connections. Are there any fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it stats to stumble as you stop and shuts down. If you rev it it will do it in the bay after a few minutes.Strangest thing i've seen. It has been here way to long. I feel like I'm at my wits end. I have watched the ficm volts ok and but when it stumbles and starts to die the oil pressure drops then.

Fuel pressure never drops off> Have you tried checking for air bubbles installing a clear hose on the suction and return side? I would verify that.... Also monitor the ICP pressure as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked return no bubbles. Icp stays up until it starts to stumble then shuts down

You are loosing ICP pressure when it shuts down? Is this with a guage or through a scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both only drops of when it starts to shut down.

Sounds like either a voltage problem to the IPR or a faulty IPR since the IPR controls the Pressure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ipr is brand new i have watched ipr it seems good ?
I will check voltage from chart. let you know.

Sounds good