Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Im zack i have an mbe 4000 with a code air calibration

Customer Question

hi im zack i have an mbe 4000 with a code for mass air calibration failed i already changed the sensor but it still fails to calibrate and i cant seem to find anymore information on the subject on the dddl program
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its all i have
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Can I get the exact code?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
132 13
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

These are the steps to calibrate it. You did this and are still getting the code? The routine that it refers to is one of the tools that you can perform and it will calibrate.

1. Inspect entire Intake Air System and exhaust system checking (including turbo seals) for leaks. If leaks are found, repair as necessary; go to step 2.

2. Connect DDDL 7.x.

3. Start the engine and bring coolant temperature above 140°F/60°C.

4. Execute the Air Mass Adaptation Service routine.

If you are following this and the calibration is still not going through, then update the software on the truck and it will auto calibrate that way. I've had to push a few through in that manner.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i did the air mass adaptation service routine and it tells me that it has failed i have also inspected all of the air and exhaust systems and there are no leaks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what exactly is updating the software on the truck?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

Do you have DDDL or DDDR? If you have DDDR, you can update the truck software off the Freightliner database and it will clear everything out.

If you only have DDDL, then the software can't be updated.

Was the truck up to operating temp when the adaptation was done? With no leaks then there is another fault happening like possible the CAC is cracked somewhere? Also check the EGR valve for if it is not acting properly, it will cause the failure as well.

If that is all good, then call this number (313–592–5800) which is the Detroit support and tell them what you have checked and they will give you the steps to bypass it with DDDL. They have the codes that are set for each truck to get it to stop coding out and make it pass.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yea the truck was up to temp i have also done a cac test and it holds pressure and i have also checked the egr it is also good ill give that number a call
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I would call that number then and they will give you the exact steps to follow. That is direct to Detroit customer support for when all the steps on the tree have ran out and there is still the same problem.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?