Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have a 93 c6000 with no start condition. Tested and probed

Customer Question

Have a 93 c6000 with no start condition. Tested and probed wires to check current and found the pick up coil to be separated on coil. Took care of that and rebuilt the distributor and. Set TDC on crank on compression stroke and ensured the timing mark was correct and not spun as the core deteriorates and installed disrtibutor. Ensured correct firing order on distributor and cylinders. Engine started right up. However the engine is still running Iike garbage. Tried timing at 4deg BTC as specified on emissions sticker (suprisingly still there). Made sure my timing advance was unplugged and it will run ok. Turn off ignition and plug in timing wire. Start back up and it hesitates and misfires even worse. I've triple checked everything and am stumped. The truck apparently was running ok, but by the looks of the entire ignition system, in which all has been replaced over time of a few guys before me makes me wonder.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** will try to help. What is the engine make and model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6.0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
366 cubic inches

If the timing is good and distributor and ignition system checks good then check for low compression or vacuum leaks. You should have 14-17 inches of vacuum at idle. Also this could be fuel/air/carburation related

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that isn't new is the control module. Is there a bench test I can do to check continuity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, what is the compression pressure for this.

I do not have the specs from the manual but you will be able to see if you have any cylinders that are way off from the others indicating low compression in any cylinders. Ill see if I can find something on the module. Try cleaning the throttle body.

Click on this link

Throttle body