Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2005 C4500 Duramax CEL on in limp mode. Sitting on side of

Customer Question

2005 C4500 Duramax CEL on in limp mode. Sitting on side of interstate in mid Alabama. Do not know codes, no tools on board.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: In mountains had been running jake brake. Seemed to miss a few times then went to limp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Bluegorilla replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle,

when did you last change the fuel filter?
If you pump the plunger on the top of the fuel filter, does fuel leak out anywhere?