Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have an n14 that I believe to be vapor locked. It started

Customer Question

I have an n14 that I believe to be vapor locked. It started after jumping it with a little either then shut off within 15 seconds. Now it won't turn over. The starter tries but the motor won't turn
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dan. My name is***** will be glad to help. You are going to want to wait a little bit for some of that ether to dissipate. Hopefully nothing is broken or bent from too much ether. Try barring the engine over using a barring tool or a ratchet and socket on the center nut of the ACC drive pulley.

You do not want to force anything or something could break if it has not already

Once you have been able to turn the engine over by hand tools then you know nothing is binding the engine such as a rod, piston, push rod, etc. that has failed. Remove the valve cover and check for loose rocker arms and bent push rods while barring the engine. Let me know

Hi, did you get this resolved?