Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

1990 t143 the truck is losing power we have replaced all

Customer Question

1990 t143 the truck is losing power we have replaced all filters and new lines and the primer pump but it still looses power I think it is sucking air but not sure any thoughts
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

These older trucks tend to have cracks in the fuel pick up tubes in the tanks. They crack from the fuel sloshing around over time.

Bypass the tube by running a fuel line direct into the tank fill off the fuel line and see how the power does. Do this one tank at a time so you can see which tank is causing the aeration condition and giving the low power. If you do find one of the pick up tubes broken, you'll have to replace the whole tank to solve the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There are three tanks on this truck and just recently the third was re connected and the problems started I will disconnect the third tank and will get back to you excellent thoughts
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

Try that and see what happens. It may have been disconnected for the dame issue in the past.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your help the owner of the truck is looking into no further discussion needed mike crosby
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the follow up.

Please don't forget to rate. I'm an independent here and if no rating is made, the site keeps 100% of the deposit.

If something is needed later on, just come back here and replay as needed.

Good day!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.