Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2003 International 4300 w/a DT466. No power out of

Customer Question

I have a 2003 International 4300 w/a DT466. No power out of ESC to headlights, marker, parking, turn signals, horns do not work. Power into DCS on ignition and battery feeds are good. Lights in driver console blink for flashers, console lights for headlights. Ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Truck seems to run fine, otherwise.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** on this link and let me know if these match your lighting circuit since they are for 05....

Schematics

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The schematics are similar. The service manual I have is "for trucks built after 2002" I am on the road and cannot compare the diagrams.

No need. The ones you have are fine....

So you have 12V and good ground to the ESC but nothing coming out more than 2.3V to the relays? sounds like you have a failed ESC on your hands. Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have 12V on 2 and 12 in the in cab connector, and continuity to ground on pin 1. Is there any other possibility? Could simply flashing it fix the problem? Some kind of reset?What causes ESC's to fail? Are there fuses or circuit breakers inside one?

I would try re flashing it first.There are so many things that can cause an ESC to fail just like an engine ECM...

Reflashing it will reveal if there are any software programming issues . Let me know

Hi Jack, did you get this resolved?