Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Every morning I have to use the hand pump to get fuel up. I

Customer Question

Every morning I have to use the hand pump to get fuel up. I have been doing that for about 4 months. To day I got it started when on a run came back , start to leave again and I have no power. Could it be the fuel pump ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

It sounds like the fuel is leaking down from the head. I've seen this many times. There are two things that cause this.

The first and most common is a failed fuel pressure regulator on the back of the head. I changed many of these for this problem. It can also cause low power of its faulty. I would try changing it first.

Second is a faulty fuel pump. It's located on the back of the heui pump. It can also cause low power.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.