Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Left blinker isn't working. Left front is very dim and

Left blinker isn't working. Left front is very dim and constant on and the rear has nothing. Already replace the turn signal switch and flasher. Already reground both front and rear lights. Checked all fuse's. It works with the 4way flashers. Brake lights and running lights all work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its on a 2000 peterbilt 379 day cab.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the harness both front and rear for any splices from prior work wrapped in electrical tape ( corroded crimped connectors/ rubbed through and bare wiring) around the hood hinge area and to the tail lights.

Click here for a schematic to help with wire identification while testing continuity and power in the circuit.

Schematic

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Checked all wires and everything looks good. Even grabbed them and wiggled but nothing worked. When I turn the blinker on or off I get a short flash at the rear but that's it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've already rewired the rear lights just to make sure nothing was corroded or touching and still have the same problem. I have 3 different turn signal switches and 3 different flashers I've tried and still nothing. I can unhook the harness at the front and the rear and it still wont flash. The dash light will light up very dim but not flash. While the left blinker is on the left front is very dim and constant on and the rear has nothing, if I unhook only the front the rear will come on dim and constant, plug the front back up and the rear goes out. What am I missing????
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought I had to click on a star to get a response that's why its only 3 and how much will I owe you?

Thanks for the update. If the light when on is dim it means it is poorly grounded so check your grounds and also check for corrosion or poor connections in the light sockets themselves. If ok look for any corrosion or open circuits in the harness. when the hazards are on what lights work and which are out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All lights work properly when the flashers are on. Is there a turn signal relay somewhere????
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I noticed in my order history that the amount/status is $46/Paid.. How is that when I never clicked on an amount to pay you, I just clicked the X after I clicked the rating?

I do not know how that side of things work. The experts use the site to help people and all I know is we get a percentage of the question value on positive feedback and accepted answers. So in this case 23 to the expert and the rest to the site. No rating or negative rating the expert does not get paid

The site can help with any billing issues if you need to resolve any I can send you there before we go any further

let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well as long as you can help me then they wont be any issues. Is there a turn signal relay in the truck that im overlooking???

Hi, I posted the schematic but I can post some more in depth for you as well.... The site had this question locked for some time and just opened it back up.

We can post back and forth as needed

Click on this link for your schematics.

Schematic

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan you just keep posting schematics and not answering my questions.. Anyone could do that. The truck is out of service and not making any money and I was hoping to have my problem solved yesterday. I came to this site with high expectations but I'm sorry I am not happy with your answers could I please get a refund?

I see, Did you need help interpreting the schematics or would you prefer I flew out there with my test light and multi-meter and troubleshoot the circuit with you? So most shops are over 100 per hour and this sight offers informational help for a one time charge where you can post back and forth with an expert to help diagnose your problem but if your electrical background is not there there is nothing I can do. I get road calls from owner operators frequently that tell me they "rewired" thier lights and when I arrive I have to start over... LOL By the time I got there the owner operator had everything spliced together and a mess but Id have to tell him to walk away as he stood over my shoulder.... " I already checked that... etc" The "Schematics" if you know how to interpret them take the guess work out and make it simple but you have to know how to interpret them and by your response it seems you might not understand the schematics. Sometimes it is better just to have someone good with electrical come out and test the circuit with a volt OHM meter and test light using the schematic... If down time is an issue it should be with a mechanic not a web site.... Just a thought... Good luck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You know your right my electrical background is not there and that's why I'm here asking questions that I can't get an answer for from you. I already told you what all I have checked and I'm not stupid I know how to rewire lights. I would have liked to got an answer like hey have you tried this and that yet, are you sure you checked that right but no the expert just wants to post the schematic's and act like every person knows exactly how to navigate threw all of that. If that's what this site is all about then I'll be sure not to ever use them again. Back on the topic of you not answering the questions again as I already asked once before may I get a refund??