Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a 1976 ford dump truck, I think it is the size of an

Customer Question

I have a 1976 ford dump truck, I think it is the size of an 800 series and it has an allison trasmission. on the left side of the transmission just above the pan is a small box-like assembly with a shaft that goes into the trans. fluid is leaking out past that shaft what is the fix?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Mechanical modulator for the older MT40 series transmission. It is a Ford part, the housing has external o'ring that seals the outside. The shaft also has internal seal , to seal the inner shaft. The part is held in place with a fork type clap and a single bolt. Remove the bolt and slip it out. Replace o'ring to repair external leak. Internal leak,requires replacement of the assembly!