Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

2005 Int 8600 no air horn, no suspension dump, no PLD, and

Customer Question

2005 Int 8600 no air horn, no suspension dump, no PLD, and no 5th wheel slide working. Does not appear that the air accessory solenoids are being energized by the body controller? Lights on the switches illuminate. Could the controller be bad? Do you have a simple test. Looked for a fuse but was unable to find any.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

With all of these components acting up like this here the first thing that needs checked is to make sure no wiring is found to be damaged at or running to and from these components or the controller itself.If any wiring issues are found the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this here.If all wiring is found to be o.k. and all fuses are found to be o.k. I suspect the controller itself may need replaced to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wiring seems to be ok. Was looking for an answer regarding a possible fuse location if any and troubleshooting. I would really like to confirm it's the body controller or as some call it electronic chassis control module. The body controller sends signals to electric over air solenoids to actuate the horn, suspension dump, power divider (PDL) and 5th wheel slide unlock. Is there anyone here that is better versed on my particular model tractor?
Regardless thank you for your reply.