Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My Case 650K dozer won't engage transmission. was working

Customer Question

my Case 650K dozer won't engage transmission. was working when I got off and back on it wouldn't move,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had been having some trouble getting the trans to engage like letting the machine warm up or shfting with the button on the stick. Once it started it would work OK, but this time it was working and wouldn't start when I stopped and wanted to start again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check the oil level and condition for discoloration, burn smell, and metal/debris for any indication of an internal failure occurring. Also check the filter for fine metal or debris as well indicating a failure. If clean, verify pressures are in specs and if so check your fuses and relays and for your safety lockout switch/valve circuit. Let me know the serial number of your machine.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a 2006 Case 650 K series II, I don't have serial #
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My machine has 2790 hours

This machine is hydrostatic drive. check the hydraulic filters internally for fine metal that looks like metallic glitter that would indicate a pump or drive motor failure. If clean, raise the cab and check the pump drove coupler between the engine and pumps to be sure it has not failed and is turning the pumps. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The blade works fine, so I think pump is ok. To me it seems more like maybe a "relay". The machine is several miles away, it will be later when I can check these things out. Thanks

Pleasure to help. I am having trouble accessing the Case construction parts site today for some reason but you can access your parts breakdowns online if you did not know through cases site. For your relays its fastes to swap a known good one out with the others one at a time. Are you getting any error or fault indicators on the display?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I switched out some relays and now get a yellow transmission warning light.! Also shows fault on display.

What fault codes are you getting?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it doesn't show a number code. shows "no can", also shows "Reset UD"

Thanks for the information... I would test all your fuses for power on both sides with the IGN switch on as well as swapping your relays with a known good one for test purposes. If ok be sure the oil and filter are clear of metal/debris indicating internal problems. If ok then you likely have an ECU or power/ground/communication and software problem with the ECU. The dealer laptop will likely be required to verify and check the parameters and re-calibrate and reflash the system software if needed. Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Today I got 4532 4531 4521 faults after switching relays around,