Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2006 ***** ***** CAT C13.CRANKS GREAT BUT WHEN I TURN MY

Customer Question

2006 ***** ***** CAT C13.CRANKS GREAT BUT WHEN I TURN MY HEADLIGHTS ON I LOOSE MY TURN SIGNALS.CODE SAYS ICU140.WHEN I CUT MY HEADLIGHTS OFF,TURN SIGNALS WORK
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: TURN SIGNALS WONT WORK WHEN I HAVE MY HEADLIGHTS ON
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi My named is Dan. I will be glad to help. What is the year make and model of your truck?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2006 STERLING

What are the full symptoms you are having? I see the turn signal and headlight concern but you mentions the engine cranks. .. Does it no start or are you only looking for help with your lights?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS WHEN I CUT THE LIGHTS ON MY TURN SIGNALS WILL NOT WORK.WHEN I CUT MY HEADLIGHTS OFF, THE TURN SIGNALS WILL WORK.

Thanks for the inf. Check the harness for corrosion and poor connections and grounds and if the harness checks good the most likely cause will be a worn/faulty multi-function switch on the column. Test for power in and out with lights on and off as well as turns on and off to check for shorts. Let me know