Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2011 Pete with the cummins isx. I got the updated 2

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Pete with the cummins isx. I got the updated 2 cylinder injection pump put on about 4 months ago. The last couple weeks under load my engine will have a miss. It happens at any given time. Sometimes it'll do it just once and sometimes a few times in a row with a second between misses. I recently had to change my alternator as it was overcharging not sure if that could've messed with sensors or not. Had it hooked up to cummins insight went for a drive and it did it a couple times but nothing got registered.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Beener, My name is***** will try to help. Are you getting or do you have any historical fault codes logged in memory? If so what are they? Also check your fuel pressure and monitor it for any fluctuations as well as check for air in the supply or return using a clear hose or sight glass to watch for bubbles. If ok then you could have an injector problem. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No haven't had any fault codes or check engine light come on. I'll have to see when I can check for air in the fuel system.

Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.