Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2011 freightliner cascadia I have replace the

Customer Question

I have a 2011 freightliner cascadia I have replace the batteries and put a brand new starter and also had the wires clean...Early morning start up is fine....I get down the road about 200 mile to get some fuel cut the truck off...Get ready to leave try to start the truck..It's dragging like the batteries or bad or the starter. And both of them or brand new...
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Was the alternator checked? If the alternator has a bad diode in it, it will charge the batteries as needed and when engine is off, it will drain batteries very quickly. Sometimes within minutes. I've had batteries go completely dead in 20 minutes due to bad diode in alternator.

I suggest having the diode tested for if it is bad, it will ground the power out in the alternator. Sometimes you can touch the outside case with a test light and it will light it up.

Have it checked first to make sure it isn't causing the issue.

If you ha e satellite communication system, verify it isn't acting up and oulling the battery down as well. Ive had the MCP Qualcomm draw 25 amos due to a bad antenna before. Tou can test that by the amp draw o. The batteries with a amp clamp.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?