Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a Terex TA30 rock truck and I have to replace the

Customer Question

I have a Terex TA30 rock truck and I have to replace the "Tab washer" that holds the two bolts that retain the driveshaft yoke onto the input shaft on the transmission. It is a rather odd tab washer, it has two extruded holes for the bolts to keep them from backing out. How is this installed? Is it hammered over the heads? do I put it on before the bolts and tighten them down. Not sure. Any help appreciated.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bill, My name is***** will be glad to help. You put that on first and the two bolts go through it and tighten the bolts to the proper torque. Then you bend up the tab so it is flush against the flat side of the bolt hex. This keeps it from loosing up. You only need to bend one tab per bolt and choose the tab that lines up best with the flat side of the hex

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
does the extruded portion that sticks up go towards the bolt head or towards the flange. This does not have multiple tabs. that would be pretty clear. This is obround with extrusions that the bolt passes thru.

Can you upload a picture so I can be sure we are on the same page? The paperclip Icon above will allow you to upload pictures.

Click this link and let me know if these are the style lock tabs you have.

spicer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yeah! We are definitely not on the same page. I am talking about bolts that hold a yoke onto a ZF transmission input shaft and you are taking about bolts that retain a u-joint onto a yoke. I am all set. I'll send you a picture but I'm out of time. Thanks anyways.

Ahhhh Sorry for the confusion Bill. I misunderstood. Yes your thoughts are correct. It gets installed after. Tap it over the bolt heads.

Click this link.... Same model 6wg310 trans... See PDF page 112. The retainer( tab washer) is item 34

Parts breakdown