Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

,
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hello
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carrier reefer doesnt turn on, display/control panel doesnt turn on when I flip the switch to turn on. Battery is good, I tried jumping it from my truck to reefer and does nothing.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Which carrier unit do you have? Did you check the fuse on the back of the main display unit to see if the fuse has blown? The fuses are in that side panel behind the display unit.

Verify that the fuse didn't blow. If it is good, there is a micro processor failure and that will need to be serviced at a Carrier shop.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
carrier ultima series x. Is the fuse behind the display? Do I have to open it to where all the fuses are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What color fuse could it be and does it have a name or number on it?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you will have to open the side and the fuses are behind it.

You only have 5 fuses. The rest are relays. Check all 5. If any one is blown, it will not let the board power up. You should be able to see if they are blown by looking at them.

CLICK HERE and follow the top diagram for your unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check the fuses while the switch is in the on position right?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

There is another expert that works on these more than I. I'm going to opt out and have him take over. He can guide you better.

Ne sure to rate gim amd not me at the end. Ok?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Thank you for requesting me

I see this is a straight truck, nose mount

yes as Jeremy suggested you start with checking all the fuse

use a test light on each end of the fuse , with switch on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this is a semi refrigerated trailer, carrier unit. doesnt turn on when I flip the switch, display doesnt come on, nothing.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for that

Yes I seen you put altma , I thought I read Suppra

yes , check all fuse the in the roadside panel

did it just happen all of a sudden, bump in the road

let me know,

PS be sure to check fuses with a test light, both sides of fuse

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was actually stopped when it happened and all of a sudden it shut off and I couldn't get it to start and the display doesn't come on. I'll check the fuses, does the switch have to be in the off or on position?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for that

You are sure you battery has 13.2 volts , correct

yes check the fuses with key on