Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a688 dump. While driving on ghway or pressure on

Customer Question

Hi Keith I have a*****688 dump. While driving on highway or pressure on engine truck overheats, I pull over or up to light it cools on its on. Heat in can blows out but not hot air. Thanks.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check for restrictions in the radiator for coolant and also air flow, coolant level, belt tension, fan hub operation and for possibly faulty water pump or head gasket. Try flushing the radiator and cooling system and replacing the thermostat and checking the belt and fan hub first. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** checked and serpentine belt is beginning to wear. I just changed thermostat. The other night everything came on and worked properly for about 6 hrs then it cut off again.

See if you can spin the fan hub under belt tension and slip the pulley on the belt... You should not be able too

Hi, Did you get this resolved?