Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2004 SA6D140E-3 in my wa500 loader.I can get a 2010

Customer Question

I have a 2004 SA6D140E-3 in my wa500 loader.I can get a 2010 SAA6D140-P580 to put in its place.I see the oil pan is different I think mine will fit,also exhaust and air cleaner are different.looks like mine will go on,will they interchange? Fuel system looks different, will that clash with my electronic system or not? Can this be done?
Thanks, Ray.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send pics of each engine...
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ray. My name is***** will try to help. Could you send some pics using the paperclip link above?

Click on this link for the online parts catalog to compare the differences between engines.

Parts Catalog

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at pictures before I asked. They do not show or tell me anything about the electrical compatability between my SA6D140E-3 and the SAA6D140-P580 that I want to replace it with. That is my real question that I can't seem to find an answer for. It sure looks like it will bolt in no problem. Will my loader's engine control system make it run is what I am trying to find out.

Thanks for the update Ray. The only way you might be able to get away with it is to use your existing ECM and harness but we will need to be sure All the sensors are the same and the other concern is the emissions changes between the two engines which would create a software problem as you suspected. Is your current block still good? If so it would be much better to rebuild yours if possible.