Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a cummins Isx with fault code 128 094 i fuel pressure

Customer Question

I have a cummins Isx with fault code 128 094 i fuel pressure low valid ,but most severe level . Truck will not star have followed troubleshooting chart and having no success.Please Help esn 79374760
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 10 months ago.

What troubleshooting chart did you use? Is the lift pump working? Is their smoke while cranking?

Fault Code: 482
PID: P094
SPN: 94
FMI: 1/18

Fuel Pressure Low - Data Valid But Below Normal Operational Range - Moderately Severe Level.

Engine may not start, white smoke, run rough, or lose power.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I used fault code procedure from qsol fault code 482. It has no smoke when cranking. the lift pump is working and putting out 12 psi at the ifsm .

ok no smoke means no fuel, IS fuel present at the test fitting on the right of the main pump? You can put a small pick in the center of the fitting to ensure fuel and remove air . If not check and Verify the fuel shutoff operates and there is 12-VDC present at the terminal of the fuel shutoff valve when the keyswitch is turned on. Remove the wire with the key switch on after verifying 12 volts are present and touch the wire back to the post of the fuel shut off valve. It should have an adubial click when power is applied.

Then check resistanbce from the body of the valve to the post the SPEC 6 to 15 ohms for 12-VDC solenoids, if it is not in spec replace.

you should also remove the valve and inspect the internal parts for damage and wear,.

let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I have fuel but the fuel shutdown switch the resistance with the wire unplugged from the stud to the engine ground is .4 ohms
I obtained a new switch it is still.4 ??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not see any debris at the fuel switch

Yes .4 is good but does it click when the power is applied?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it does click

Ok and you have fuel to the test port on the right of the fuel pump. with no air present while cranking ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
To make sure we are on the same page the test port at the top of the ifsm in front of the main pump. Correct? the lift pump does run for it seems longer than 2 minutes every time I key the switch. Thanks Cliff

Here is the port to bleed are and check

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
with the key on yes you have fuel at that port .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I fixing to sign off for the day, I will start back up Monday in the am. Can I contact you on Monday at around 8 am. Cliff

Yes Sir. Just respond to this post. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I am trying to continue our troubleshooting chart with your assistance. I was saying that if the key is on then yes you do have pressure at the the fitting in front of the fuel pump.I am installing a clear line at the fitting too check how much or any air is there.
The fitting with the key off produces no fuel. Cliff
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to know the tool no for the cummins fuel metering block test . I need to check the injectors.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to speak with someone.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi, It's Dan, Here is the publication

Troubleshooting

Hi, Did you get this resolved?