Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I am very computer illiterate I've tried to send the message

Customer Question

I am very computer illiterate I've tried to send the message but I'm obviously doing something wrong I have a 2007 Hino that wont accelerate from a stop it only idles off the take off for about 30 seconds then it will accelerate I have had two shops look at it they can't figure it out it is now at the Kenworth dealer for they are the only one that has a machine to plug into it naturally it will not do this when they test drive it they tell me it's an intermittent problem that does not show up unless they can get it to do it to them and they are charging me out the rear already $600 to tell me that they don't know what it is but they suspect it could be one of three switches located on either the brake pedal or the rear differential any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

To me it sounds like an issue with the intake throttle valve on the engine. There is a sensor that monitors the intake pressure and how much you are boosting. When you press the accelerator to have the truck not accelerate like it should, that sensor is reading wrong. I don;t see how the brake pedal or the rear diff sensor can cause an issue like this.

Now the sensor on the rear of the transmission, maybe. If the output shaft speed sensor is not reading properly, the truck doesn;t know what the transmission is spinning at and it will cause this issue for the computer has to "catch up" with the data it is getting.

Another common problem is the throttle position sensor. It could have a dead spot in it and it will cause this issue as well. They can test the TPS on the truck with the computer or with a digital multimeter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?