Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Got a 2007 vt365 checking leaks in gh pressure system *****

Customer Question

Customer: hi got a 2007 vt365 checking for air leaks in high pressure system ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no start i got 150 psi in my pressure sensor hole its leaking out off high pressure pump in rear hole is this normal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assit you.

You will get some air leaking if you don;t power the IPR to close the system off. Once you close the system off, the air leak will stop and then you can see if there is leakin on the rail or not.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can u talk on phone not a good typer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the truck has the ficm out so the ipr is not connected
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I'm in a bad location to talk on the phone at the moment.

If the IPR is in the hole, just put 12 volt power to it at the plug, but doe so temporarily. This will close the hole in the IPR and stop air from flowing so you can test the rail for leaks.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

The call is opened to all experts so if someone can talk on the phone, they will see it. I'm in a loud area and it is hard to hear at the moment.

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?