Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

KW 1995. VIN1XKDDR9X2SS638580 have problem with air break

Customer Question

KW 1995. VIN1XKDDR9X2SS638580 have problem with air break release valves or sonething. Brakes take time before releasing means way longer then normal. Plus air exhausts through exhaust air line even when releasing the brakes by Pushing Truck and Trailer valves in. If I pull the tractor air brakes and keep my hand on trailer aur brake valve pushed in as soon as I key go of trailer valves it pops out. Samething with tractor valve. Any help ASAP us really needed.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Where is the air exhausting from when you push the valve in? Is it coming from the parking valve or a valve under the truck? Relay valve?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's just a tiny tube (hose) black one I was told it is the exhaust port. It supposed to exhaust only when applying the brakes not when releasing the brakes.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That is correct.

With the air releasing there when you push the valve in, the treadle valve is most likely leaking by and causing looped back pressure. Check the treadle valve and block off the port from it and see if the release valve is still doing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is treadle valve ? Where would it be on this truck ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The valve behind the brake pedal ?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That is the valve behind the brake pedal. It has multiple air lines that feed through it at all times whether the park brake is set or not. There are 2 sides to that valve. If the service leaks into the park side, it will make the air brake park valve pop out and exhaust.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Which line or lines should I plug to test ? Is there a way to fix or must be replaced

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

If it is the valve, it has to be replaced.

CLICK HERE and go to page 25. Where it shows delivery 1 and delivery 2, plug those and see if you are still leaking when you push the park brake valve in.

CLICK HERE If you notice the treadle valve has both systems going through it once the air leaves the park brake valve. One side has the park brake, the other does not. If you isolate it, it will tell you if that valve is bad. If it is bad, you have to replace the whole valve. There is no repairing it.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

TThat trucks not available to look at it at the moment but I got different problem with my other truck. If you can help it's 2011 KW T670 with eaton automatic transmission. My driver stuck on the side of the road he just took off from rest area n now it won't move. Transmission won't seem like start rolling it feels like it want to moved but doesnt. Tried manual mode as well no luck. Turned key on n off few times then it moved all the watching to 6th gear n then started to cone down again now back to 2nd but won't move only rev up rpms. It has had to me before but i was able to get it back running by turning on n off. Now it won't transmission has red service light on on shift but no codes or check light on dash

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

You will have to create a new question for a different truck and issue.

Those are not my rules, but the rules of the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just did

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'll look for it if someone isn;t sitting on it.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok replaced that valve still not fixed plus it takes way longer to apply brakes after pulling nob out. Plus when brake is pulled aur comes out of red line