Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a Cat C4.4 with fuel leaking out of a weep hole in

Customer Question

I have a Cat C4.4 with fuel leaking out of a weep hole in the head below the first injector any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sean, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Could you please upload a picture using the paperclip icon of the weep hole you are referring to in the head to be sure we are both on the same page for the source of your leak

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. I believe either the injector is leaking at the sealing surface or it the return line.

Thanks for thew picture. Is fuel coming out of that hole or spraying there from one of the fuel lines? If it is coming from inside the head you are correct that you have likely failed injector o rings or a faulty injector. apply air pressure to the fuel rail to confirm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's actually just running out of the weep hole. I'll run to determine if it's from the return line.

Thanks for the info. Remove the valve cover and look for leaks under the valve cover at idle.... do not put your hands anywhere near the high pressure fuel. Let me know

Hi Sean, Did you get this resolved?