Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Have an international 7500 with a 570 and engine brake is

Customer Question

Have an international 7500 with a 570 and engine brake is not working at all.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What year is the 7500?

Does the cruise work with no issues? Do your brake lights work with no issues?

Are there any other issues going on with the engine?

Was there any work done like a possible valve job or any reason to be in the top of the engine?

When did it quit working?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jeremy, cruise working ok, lights good, no other issues with engine. Rebuilt engine not that long ago, brake worked ok, hi pressure pump left it hard starting, changed out. From then on brake went intermittent and then stopped working, tested rail with shop air and found o-ring leaking on #2 injector, replaced brake pistons with rail out. Changed out oil flow solenoid and the two sensors, checked the relieve valve, looks ok. Set brake back lash. No codes, switch works on and off. it's 06
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

Just to confirm that is stopped working after the repairs and the valve cover wasn't off at all since? I want to make sure nothing was uplugged or that the plug didn't work itself off by chance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We removed cover and checked all plugins
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? Also , are there any faults coming up ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Andy, don't have vin with me, give it to you in the morning and no codes
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Ok sounds good ! Talk to you soon.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Vin 7j455882

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Vin 7j455882 Did I just recieve an answer from you a few minutea ago, cause if I did I can't find it,

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Currently at work but have a look at this link . It will have the info needed for troubleshooting this .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! Any luck ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Andy, I had it hooked up to a computer and it showed that the bcp was trying to work showing 70kgp, so I got info on the wiring side, troubleshot that and it turns out to be the ECM is starting to crap out. But thanks for the help.

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Oh OK . thanks for the update .