Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

2007 Isuzu npr- runs excellent, but has a fast (1600 rpm)

Customer Question

Customer: 2007 Isuzu npr- runs excellent, but has a fast (1600 rpm) idle speed. idle while in gear is normal; it's not pulling hard while in gear. Auto tranny.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had truck for 3 years. Just started this about 6 weeks ago. Friend was driving while I was in a smaller vehicle. we got to destination and when he parked I noticed a much higher idle than when we left the shop. Trip was only 20 minutes or so.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This needs done with a scan tool that will plug into your model and read all computers I believe GM uses the IDSS system still for this model which works best.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

This may be an issue with one or more fuel injectors allowing to much fuel into the engine as injector faults were common on this model.In some cases this can be an issue with the throttle sensor signal as well with the sensor needing replaced.

This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete