Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a ISX that wont start has a low fuel pressure code

Customer Question

Customer: i have a ISX that wont start has a low fuel pressure code but has fuel pressure at gear pump while turning over lift pump works it will start on either wont stay running.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Please post the full fault codes you are getting associated with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
low fuel pressure replaced fuel shut off repaired wires going to ecm pulled both pressure reg. out and checked see nothing wrong

thanks for the update. I still want the actual code numbers with the SPN and FMI numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
482 low fuel pressure I'm thinking that the starter may be dragging a bit. ?

Thanks for the info. Te engine should be turning at a decent cranking RPM for starting but for your fuel pressure code click on this link for the troubleshooting steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at step 5 I get about 75psi while cranking and it cuts out to about 0 then back trys to start fuel cuts back out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have another gear pump I my try in the morning.

Thanks for the update. Let me know how you make out with the pump swap.... Make sure of no restrictions or leaks sucking air either.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Hi, did you get this worked out or still need help?