Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I own a 2013 VN with a d13. When full boost meets 1300 rpm

Customer Question

I own a 2013 VN with a d13. When full boost meets 1300 rpm and 70 mph .I get a miss or chug in the engine.. This only occurs below 29 deg ..wth ??? Any ideas ?? Has good feul new air cleaner. Turbo new.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Either the MAF sensor is acting up, the intake heater, or the fuel heater. At the temps you are referring to, the fuel sounds to be gelling up a bit and you are getting clumps of thick fuel to the injectors causing the issues you are having. It happens a lot in the cold weather with these engines.

I would have the fuel heater on the filter assembly checked out. If it tests good and gets hot, then check the intake heater next followed by the MAF sensor last.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?