Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have couple simple questions 1, power steering oil very

Customer Question

Hi I have couple simple questions 1, power steering oil very hot and black , why is that
Also it's a 2008 fc hino little 5 TONER
Q2 6 month ago had new radiator & thermostat . And now worm weather is here when doing 80 Klm or more it gets hot if I slow down it cools off fast ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

1 the fluid needs to be changed as well as the filter. Inside the reservoir is a filter. You can't see it because of the oil. Drain the fluid andreplace the filter then fill back up. The fluid is back from it being broken down and worn. It's no different than motor oil.

2 that sounds like a failed water pump or the thermostat is stuck closed. You can have a new thermostat be bad from a bad spring. So check inside the radiator to see if the water is flowing in it with the engine revved up. This is to see that the shaft isnt spinning inside the impeller. That is something seen a lot. If the water is flowing good and strong with engine revved up, then thermostat spring is bad on the new part.

I usually call it safe by doing the water pump and thermostat so I can get both a lifetime part warranty on water pump and rule put a bad spring on a new thermostat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?