Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2005 international 9200i with a Cummins isx it has

Customer Question

I have a 2005 international 9200i with a Cummins isx it has a fault code of 128:F02. Sid251_P what is this? Thanks!
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5C005523
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Thanks . This is an ISX CM870 435 Hp engine .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Do you also have an engine warning lamp on ?

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

I have found your fault . Here is the description :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvg3pe50g0yonah/319%201.pdf?dl=0

And here is the troubleshooting steps should you want to try and resolve the issue :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp96bm32c5g1h5m/319%202.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was I was driving down the road all of a sudden the red stop engine light and the amber warn engine light came on the engine died for about 10 seconds then picked back up on its own and was running fine and just the ***** *****ght was on stopped to check fluid levels cut the engine off started the engine back up and all lights were off. But still has a code showing.
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Ok sounds like the ECM may have lost power momentarily . Have you checked the battery box ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
everything appears tight
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

The Ecm clean power is a smaller harness that starts right from the batteries and goes to the ECM . It has an inline fuse holder with a fuse right on top of the batteries . I would start there and check that fuse and make sure its tight .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Then I recommend following that harness and giving it a good visual inspection inch per inch . You can also try running the engine while wiggling the harness until the engine acts up . That will also narrow down the problem

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Also take apart connectors along the way to check for damaged or spread terminals causing intermittent connection .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just wiggled everything I know of at the battery and computer and didn't do anything this isn't the first time this code has appeared just the first time the thing died and turned the lights on
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Is there something else I can help with tonight ? I have to retire for the evening as I work in the AM .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

I would read the description and the troubleshooting steps I sent . That will likely help you to discover where the problem lies . And if you need anything else , I would be more than happy to continue this tomorrow .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

If there are any other faults in memory , please list them and I could help find more info in them as well to help get to the bottom of this .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK will do.
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Another good place to wiggle test while engine is running is by the right side of the engine . The harness that comes over the valve cover to the right side . Give it a good shake as well and see what happens .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Will check in during the day tomorrow for updates . Have a good night .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! How did it go ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well wiggled everything you said couldn't get it to do anything also cleaned the battery cable ends. And also discovered the odometer is not right and not tripping correctly.
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

When cleaning the ends of cables , when taking apart , did you notice anything that may not ave been tight enough ? You may have just had a slightly loose cable connection somewhere that was causing this and you may have inadvertantly fixed your problem already . I would road test now for a good 20 miles to see if problem returns or not .

Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ! Just looking for an update ... Were you able to road test and verify that the issue is now gone?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well a few weeks later and same code has reared its head again this time with 2 others I have checked everything and can't find anything loose what now?
Expert:  Andy replied 10 months ago.

I will look these up for you shortly after work if that's OK.