Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Driving down road trans locks in gear (auto gen 3) have to

Customer Question

Driving down road trans locks in gear (auto gen 3) have to pull over reset to get a little farther pulling fuses I hear air release was getting a code 63
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi Mike, My name is***** will be glad to help. Click on this link to access the Troubleshooting procedures for this fault and your transmission. Let me know the test results and if you need further help.

Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
following the flow chart I go to step E resistance is 2.5 ohms this is where I have the problem. I do not understand FMI 1-5 6 12 I do not have the tool to tell me that info.

Hi ***** got in for the evening. FMI are fault mode identifiers and apply to all fault codes.... They indicate opens or shorts, Data valid but out of range, etc so depending on the FMI Number will aid in troubleshooting. You need road ranger software to read those numbers with the code. either way if the harness and grounds are good you are looking at either a faulty XY shifter or the TCU causing this problem.

Hi Mike , Did you get this resolved?