Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My name is ***** *****, I am having a couple issues with my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I am having a couple issues with my 04 Freightliner Columbia and the so Called Techs have no clue and the freightliner dealer seems to think Im made of money, #1 the speedo will stop working and when it does the auto trans wont properly shift and if I get off an off ramp it wont down shift and goes to Fault and stays in tenth gear , I can get out shut off the battery disconnect for about 1 min then restart the truck and it will go just fine for about 160 miles the starts over I am puzzeled and the so called techs think I have now Idea what Im talking about.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more details
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How much of the 54 dollars do you get I hope about 50 of it
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

When Freightliner looked at the truck, did they happen to write on the paperwork if they did the software updates on the truck to rule out and voltage issues causing the TCM memory chip from losing it's data? Did they test the output shaft speed sensor or the vehicle speed sensor? Did they check it for codes to see if there are any communication error codes on the transmission or the vehicle controller?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?