Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

SJ III 3219. While driving in lowered position the lift

Customer Question

SJ III 3219. While driving in lowered position the lift shuts down on the slightest uneven grade surfaces. I need to fix this.
Chris
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the serial number of your lift? It sounds like one of the safety switches is not functioning properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks. Stanby. Let me look that up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
240675
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drive limit switch you think?

That is along the lines I was thinking. But usually they prohibit travel if the platform is up and uneven... Let me see what I have for troubleshooting and schematics

Hi Chris click on this link for the manuals, schematics, and troubleshooting info.

Troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dan,
I have been working from the repair manual thus far. It doesn't give me anything on how to adjust or test the limit level or base level switchs. Im looking for info on how these switches work and how to correct them. The manuals give limited info.

PDF page 94 says to test and check wires #71 and #19 from Terminal block 1 ( TB1) to Drive override limit switch ( LS6) for open circuits or loose connection or damage. I would test for continuity in the circuit using your OHM meter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you mentioned the drive overide limit switch should only prevent driving when platform is raised right? Is this switch active when platform is in stowed position?
Also wich one is LS6. There are two on one side and one on the other. Two of these are pothole switches.

LS6 is the Drive override switch. Go to PDF page 55 in the manual for the schematic for this circuit.