Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2012 Cascadia that we filled with DEF this Moring &

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is***** & I have a 2012 Cascadia that we filled with DEF this Moring & now it's reading empty. We hooked a new sending unit to it but it is still reading opposite. We are in process of checking wires but wanted to know if any one has heard of this before or has a place to look before ripping all the harnesses out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When we move the float to full position it shows empty on gauge & we move it to empty position it shows full. It does the same thing with a new unit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Medium and Heavy Trucks Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes in kind of a hurry though.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi Gabe. My name is***** will be glad to help. It sounds like someone reversed the wiring for the sending unit at some point. Are you getting any fault codes in relation to this logged in the dash panel display?