Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My name is ***** *****, I have a 99 Volvo vin 769922, with

Customer Question

Customer: hi there, my name is ***** ***** Murphy, I have a 99 Volvo vin 769922, with 10 speed auto shift, won't go into gear, service lite on shifter will flash a code of 1 flash followed by 6 flashes, what does that code mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: don't know what else I can tell you about it, it wont come out of neutral
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

That code is a shift link error. There is loss of communication between the shifter and the TCM.

I have attached a troubleshoot chart to guide you.

It could turn into a complex issue real fast so if possible, I would hook up the Service Ranger or the Volvo PTT program to diagnose this issue even further to make sure there are no programming errors or something.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?