Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a similar problem concerning 2005 international

Customer Question

Customer: I have a similar problem concerning 2005 international 9400i. Turn the key on a the dash reads no data link, and the gauges in the center and on the the left all go straight down. Also, when the key is in the off position, a message wait lift is lit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am not sure what details you are looking for? The dash simply reads no data link. I am thinking there must be a short somewhere causing this orange square message wait light to come on when the truck is off. My next step is to take apart the harness that goes around and on top of the motor to see if I can see any issues.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check all your fuses and relays and in your battery box for corrosion in the wiring for the ECM and IDM inline fuse harnesses. Check all grounds as well Sounds like your ESC is not communicating from wither a harness problem or loss of power and ground and finally a faulty controller possible. Will it pull any codes or not get beyond no data?

Click on this link for some schematics to help. Let me know

Schematics