Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

1996 ih 9200 with n14 engine have repeated failures of

Customer Question

1996 ih 9200 with n14 engine
have repeated failures of powersteering, has a luk pump which just stops pumping, no oil movement. many times we remove pump check it out, put it on and works fine for 30 days to 4 or 5 months. we put on new and many times reinstall one of the ones removed'
pumps look fine, spines and couplers new shape,cleaned everything several times.
when it works good steering- acts like pump stops turning. pump is driven by engine oil pump and we always have good oil pressure. any ideas thanks bill
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? Also , have you checked to make sure that the king pi s are not seizing up ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Looking for an update ! Do you still need help ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I am still here if you need me !