Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

2005 pete 379 with c15 acert will not stay warm ,changed

Customer Question

2005 pete 379 with c15 acert will not stay warm
,changed thermostats and seals when it in the upper 20,s the oil temp will run less than 150 and water temp about 160. When I stop the water temp will rise at first then fall to around 150 what really woes me is the oil temp running so low
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also if I put on winter front the water temp will rise up like it should but no change in oil temp it will get down to like 130 sometimed
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Since you have changed the thermostats and seals, I would next suspect you are getting too much flow through the top engine vent line on the engine. I have seen this before. The line is small and runs to the top of the radiator. But is have seen the fitting in the head become faulty or eroded and flow too much coolant and over cool the engine in the winter time. To confirm you can crimp the line and see if the temp comes up. If it does you'll know there's too much flow.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.