cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have a travel supreme motor home cummins engine recently

Customer Question

I have a travel supreme motor home cummins engine recently installed fuel filter with clean fuel does this engine have a fuel hand pump to get engine started
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 11 months ago.

What is the engine serial number or full Vin number. It depends on the application if there is a manual priming pump or their is a electric lift pump behind the ecm that will be audible when the key is in the on position and run for a bit, Cycle key to get the pump to activate again I can check with your serial number what you currently have. . It is NOT OK to use either on any engine. Cummins engines do not use glow plugs, most use a intake heater.

It depends on the application if there is a manual priming pump or their is a electric lift pump behind the ecm that will be audible when the key is in the on position and run for a bit, Cycle key to get the pump to activate again, If you can hear the pump running then after three cycles crank over the engine and it should start. May take a little bit though each case is not the same.

I can check with your serial number once you can provide it , what you currently have. Let me know

. It is NOT OK to use either on any engine. Cummins engines do not use glow plugs, most use a intake heater.

Hi just following up.Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.

Please don't forget to rate my service

Just following up, Please don't forget to rate my service