Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

My name is ***** *****. I have an International 4300

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have an International 4300 rollback and it wont come out of park
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck starts but wont shift out of parl. Half of the guages, the turn signals and the horn wont work and there is a check electrical system light on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Hi there . My name is***** we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
5h135435
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Thank you . Have you checked the fuse panels both inside one and outside one to be sure that all fuses are in the proper locations according to their charts and that all fuses and breakers are good ? I will look up the diagrams for the park interlock system

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have. This is an intermittent problem.
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Under Normal conditions , if you can hear the park interlock click when you step on the brake pedal , then try this : Have an assistant step on brake pedal with key on , while you go ahead and wiggle test the harnesses from battery box up to power panel outside and harnesses around tranny area to see if the assistant can hear the park interlock solenoid clicking .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Didnt do anything and it started working
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are there any common power wires that have to do with the turn signals, guages, horn and shift interlock?
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Yes all ground wires are colored white and all attached q ground studs on the firewall in the lower left of the dash

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

The ground studs are located behind the body controller which is behind the left kick panel

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well, I asked about power wires but the grounds look ok. Clean and tight. Now what about power wires?
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

These would all likely be controlled by the body controller . Have you checked the connectors at the body controller for corrosion ?

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

If you would like to continue this using Skype , I can likely offer more assistance that way with the proper diagrams according to the build date of the truck . I can also explain better in an a.udio chat how to find the problem .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ill check those things and if I dont have any luck we can try skype
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Ok sounds good sir ! I work days at the garage and am on here usually in the evenings but I do check in and update during the day as well . Thanks

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ! Just looking for an update on this ! Do you still need help ?