Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2013 Freightliner ISX/15 Ser#79642371 DTC 3226.4 and 639.13

Customer Question

2013 Freightliner ISX/15 Ser#79642371 DTC 3226.4 and 639.13 replaced output nox sensor can not clear code. will not reset but the code 639,13 has reset
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I look up your code info

3226 4 Aftertreatment outlet NOX Voltage below normal or shorted low. If the sensor is new then inspoct the harness and connector pins for corrosion, shorts, chafed wiring, or damage. As long as the fault is still active it will not reset or clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you know when replacing the sensor a harness and new module is included and has been replaced. I am very aware that if the light is on the fault is still active. If the DPF or DOC was plugged could that cause nox sensor to show a fault. I found that the DPF pump was not functioning and do not know how long the driver has been using it that way. Thinking it was not passively regenrating and may be clogged.

Thanks for the info. It is possible but FMI 4 is for Voltage below normal or shorted low which means the ECM is detecting a short or low voltage from the sensor signal. If it were Data valid but above or below range then it indicates a good sensor circuit but the ECM is detecting out of range values. That is why I was suggesting taking a close look at the harness and connector pins for the sensor or try running separate wires for test purposes to the ECM. For you question I would see if you can do a parked regen but it will likely not complete with this active fault but you could try. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know I pulled the DPF and DOC for cleaning now finding out the DOC is non serviceable the DPF was plugged I'm waiting for a OK from customer to replace DOC Thanks for asking

Thanks for the update. Keep me posted. Pleasure to help