Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Is there a problem with Fuso fighter 6 injector pumps, our

Customer Question

is there a problem with Fuso fighter 6 injector pumps , our truck is 4 years old , 130,000 km and the pump has metal filings inside - cant be repaired and injectors are also damaged as a result
Jeff
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

I've had a few issue wit hte injector pumps putting metal into the system like you are experiencing. It tends to happen around 220,000-240,000km for some reason but not at that low that you have. That is the equivalent of only 1 year's worth of hard traveling.

Does the truck idle a lot? If not, I would file a complaint and then keep good recodrs of all the fuel service you have on the truck with this new pump. That is a bit premature of a failure on that pump in my opinion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy