Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a freightliner with these codes. spn523512

Customer Question

i have a freightliner with these codes. spn523512 fmi31,spn3720fmi15,spn523531fmi31,spn521317fmi4,sid254fmi4,and spn520920fmi5. wanting to know what these are for
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 11 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what is the motor??? last 6 of the vin????

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
60 series Detroit. z65987

Sorry, I was able to get 3729 before detroit site crashed. you need to replace dpf for this code and re set the ash count.

I will try back a little later for the other codes

Roy

3720/15

141.1  SPN 3720/FMI 15

This fault indicates that the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) has reached the end of its service life and must be replaced. Replace DPF and perform Ash Accumulator reset using DDDL. ‪

The DPF lamp will illuminate and SPN 3720/FMI 15 will log when the truck reaches the appropriate mileage interval. This fault indicated that the DPF needs to be replaced and the DPF Ash Accumulator Routine in DDDL/DDRS must be completed. This routine can be found in the Actions drop-down menu and must be completed after the DPF has been replaced.‪

Cleaning accumulated ash from the DPF is a necessary part of vehicle maintenance and is a customer charge. The recommended service is to remove the DPF and replace with a reliabilt® Clean DPF. The reliabilt® Clean DPF has a parts warranty and the same cleaning interval as the original DPF.‪

NOTE: Using alternate cleaning methods may result in the cleaned DPF failing to reach the next Ash clean interval. The customer may experience damage to the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) or DPF assemblies as a result of alternate cleaning methods.

Refer to section "Resetting the EPA07 Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Accumulators" .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know what you find out, thank you

I will, at least you know the dpf has to be changed

Roy