spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

My truck won't start I'm sure it's a fuel problem the Temps

Customer Question

My truck won't start I'm sure it's a fuel problem the Temps here are 15 to 24 below zero it was fine and idling I moved it set the brakes and it acted like it was running out of fuel so I changed the filters put a turbo heater under it and it still won't start I don't know what to do
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

First make sure check engine light comes on and goes off after first turning key on if okay ecm is getting power and it should start after following these steps.

Once fuel gels it is difficult but not impossible to get going without warming up fuel.

If you have a battery charger put on while adding 911 to filters, put the rest in tanks per directions on bottle,I don't know how much you used but don't way over use. if no charger jump with another vehicle to aid in turning engine fast enough to start.

Get some rescue 911 fuel anti gel and add one cap full to each fuel filter and reinstall filters making sure filter/s are full.

If you have a hand pump pump up and try to start,,once started hold at @1200 rpm for 5 minutes to warm up fuel.

If it still won't start use some starting fluid directly into turbo inlet after engine is already cranking,,use very little short little burst is all it takes.

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky