Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2012 freightliner cascadia with DD13 motor shuts of by it

Customer Question

2012 freightliner cascadia with DD13 motor shuts of by it self and getting cab33 or ecu 1 on dash no engine ligh on
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You have a power voltage issue or a communication issue going on between the cab controller and the engine controller. The bad part is you will have to have DDDL or Freightliner Service Link to see where the communication breakdown is. With these trucks, there is no other way to diagnose the issue due to the CAN BUS system on the truck. It is just the way the truck is engineered.

I would check all battery connections first before taking it to the shop. Also check the battery voltages to make sure you don;t have a bad battery stealing the voltage and causing the communication errors.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Found the problem dpf system is pluged in
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

For a ECU 1 code? ECU 1 codes are always voltage communication error codes. The filter may be plugged and that caused the shutdown, but there is still an issue there for that code.

It may not be an immediate need to check, but when in shop for something else, just have it looked at as well.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?