Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My name is ***** *****
, I have a Cat 303.5 mini

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Cat 303.5 mini excavator that has low pilot pressure. I purchased a used one and installed it. I still have very low pressure, 250 psi and should be 440+- 50. I have also checked the main gear pump pressures. Off of ports four and five they are 2500 pis and should be 3060+- 73. I adjust the vales today and had no change in pressures with a full turn.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ill wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. It is possible the used pump you bought is faulty. Are the pressures you are getting now the same pressures you had with the original pump or do they differ? Also You could have a problem in the pilot control manifold. Click this link for the hydraulic schematic and electrical schematic for this machine to help with your troubleshooting. Please give me more details on the original problem and repair history so I can better assist you with this.

Schematics.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?