Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a2015 389 I broke the adjustment bolt on my fifth

Customer Question

I have a2015 389 I broke the adjustment bolt on my fifth wheel,I've driven it around 3-400 miles will the jaws open,how do I replace it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

First off, with this being a 2015, it should be under warranty. The fifth wheels hold a longer warranty than the dealer does on the chassis. They would do it for fre.

The whole fifth wheel has to come apart to be replaced. I suggest if you tackle it yourself, to contact Peterbilt and ask them the model number for the fifth wheel so the breakdown sheet can be pulled off the site. They nearly all have that info on the vendor sits for the fifth wheel. Use that breakdown for removing the springs and such on the fifth wheel and you can replace the adjuster. The whole thing has to come apart because that adjuster has a lot of tension on it that needs to be removed to replace it. It's not a simple remove the adjuster screw and put back on. I wish it was.

Be cautious, for you may not be able to get just the adjuster. You might have to get the whole kit which can be pretty pricey, as in the $400-500 range.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?