cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

DO YOU HAVE THE PROCEDURE AND R INJETORS WITH TORQUE SPEC ON

Customer Question

Customer: DO YOU HAVE THE PROCEDURE FOR R AND R INJETORS WITH TORQUE SPEC ON ISM 330
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WE ARE CHANGING ALL 6 INJECTORS BUT LACK MANUAL.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: DO HAVE INFO? ARE YOU EXPERIANCED WITH CUMMINGS ISM?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 11 months ago.

What is the engine serial number? Did you remove the rocker shafts? or are you preparing for the job ..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
53078973
ROCKER IS STILL IN UNIT. VAVEL COVER IS OFF

No need to remove the entire rocker assy, Do each injector separately just remove intake and exhaust crossheads for removal of injector.

Disconnect the injector wires. Number the injector electrical connections as they are removed. They must be connected to the same cylinder when they are installed.

Remove the clamp capscrew and injector hold-down clamp.

remove injectors with heel bar, Pry upward on the injector against the cylinder head

Install:

Place the injector in the cylinder head injector bore with the injector solenoid valve toward the intake port. Align the injector equally between the valve springs.

nstall the injector hold-down clamp capscrew.

Torque Value: [55 ft-lb]

Connect the injector wires. Make sure the wires are connected to the same cylinder from which they were removed.

Adjust overhead :

Each cylinder has three rocker levers:

• The long rocker lever is the exhaust lever.
  • The center rocker lever is the injector lever
  • The short rocker lever is the intake lever.

Rotate accy drive to pointer When the “A” mark is aligned with the pointer, the intake and exhaust valves for cylinder number 1 must be closed. The injector plunger for cylinder number 1 must be at the bottom of its stroke. If these conditions are not correct, cylinder number 6 must be ready to check. Check the injector and valves on the cylinder. Make sure both the intake and exhaust valve rocker levers can be rattled by hand or the push tubes can be freely rotated.

When the “A” mark is aligned with the pointer, the intake and exhaust valves for cylinder number 1 must be closed. The injector plunger for cylinder number 1 must be at the bottom of its stroke. If these conditions are not correct, cylinder number 6 must be ready to check. Check the injector and valves on the cylinder. Make sure both the intake and exhaust valve rocker levers can be rattled by hand or the push tubes can be freely rotated.

The adjustment can begin on any valve set mark. In the following example, the adjustment will begin on the "A" valve set mark with cylinder number 1 valves closed and ready for adjustment.

Rotate the accessory drive clockwise until the "A" valve set mark on the accessory drive pulley is aligned with the pointer on the gear cover.

Loosen the injector adjusting screw locknut.

Use a screwdriver or a box end wrench, if equipped with engine brakes) to adjust the screw. Bottom the injector plunger three or four times to remove the fuel.

Turn the adjusting screw in until it just bottoms the plunger.

Do not use excessive force when bottoming the plunger.

Back out the adjusting screw two flats, 120 degrees.

Hold the adjusting screw, and tighten the locknut.

Torque Value: 61 n.m [45 ft-lb]

After setting the injector, set the valves on the same cylinder.

Select a feeler gauge for the correct valve lash specification.

Valve Lash Specifications

mmin

Intake Valve INCH 0.014

Exhaust ValveINCH 0.027

Insert the feeler gauge between the top of the crosshead and the rocker lever pad

Hold the adjusting screw in the position shown. The adjusting screw must not turn when the locknut is tightened.

Torque Value:Without torque wrench adapter:

1. 61 n.m [45 ft-lb]

After adjusting the injector, valves, on the appropriate cylinder, rotate the accessory drive pulley, and align the next valve set mark with the pointer on the gear cover

Please don't forget to RATE my service. Thank You for allowing Just Answer to assist

Hi, Just following up, Do you need more assistance?Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi,Hope all went well, Just following up, Do you need more assistance?Please don't forget to rate my service.