Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I've got a 2012 no 2 ton truck how can I disconnect all that

Customer Question

I've got a 2012 hino 2 ton truck how can I disconnect all that regin stuff back to where it will run without Def fluid.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Legally in the US, you can't do it (on the legal aspect). It can be done, but it isn't legal in all 50 states and territories of the US. I have to legally give that warning first.

To bypass all that, you have to do a complete harness overhaul, buy a regen delete kit, and reprogram the modules on the truck. It won't be cheap and it won't be easy. I usually recommend my customer to Performance Diesel. When you click on their name, it will list their locations that they have set up with various shops across the USA. They are the company to seek to have the regen bypassing done. They have the tune kits you will need and they can get you in touch with the vendors for the parts so you can tackle this yourself or you can have one of their shops install it for you. I suggest having them do the programming for you at a minimum for you don;t want a truck to be doing poorly on power and fuel mileage because of one simple parameter error that was made with the HINO DX program.

There are many trucks that are doing it, but make sure you check your local laws in your state because states like California, Arizona, Texas, Ohio, and Illinois can check those syastems and make sure they are installed. If not, they can shut the truck down until the system is properly working. That is where the programming comes in for they have kits that give the appearnace the system is still there and working, when it isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 11 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/medium-and-heavy-truck/9h0hx-i-ve-2012-hino-ton-truck-disconnect-regin.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?