Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Nissan UD 1100 starts an runs fine, but the drive train will

Customer Question

Nissan UD 1100 starts an runs fine, but the drive train will not advance at all -- its just the transmissdion gears are being locked up or held back from rotating at all, evidently. I cannot take the vehicle to a shop because the wheels (trive train, transmission, etc. tec) will not freely rotate at all. Something internal is evidenty being prevented from rotating.
I suspect that it might be some kind of control mechanism (or whatever) that is not functioning properly??? Maybe it could be a defective ensor, or a solenoid, etc. that could actuate some knd of mechanical action????.
Can you be please advise??? Any help or assistance at all would be very very appreciated, Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** d\\d I will assist you.

Electrical will not engage anything to keep the transmission from free spinning. The only thing that it can do is lock in and not unlock, but that is usually the pump or the relief valve on the shift plate, but I don't suggest anyone that is not familiar with the transmission to remove that plate unless you have the tools and the knowledge. That thing is a pain to get lined back up right.

My suggestion os to drop the drive line and tow the vehicle. Now if the rear is locked up and not the transmission, that is a whole other issue. Then the rear needs to be pulled apart because most likely one of the gears has broken and bound up. That happens quite a bit in these medium duty trucks from overloading.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy